Sunday, December 1, 2013

GDAYX Reaction Paper

I have learned so much in the GDAYX talk in Xavier School last November 23, 2013. I attended the talk about the Introduction of Google Analytics by Maro Rinorin, Blogger and Digital Strategist Google + for Business by Johnn Mendoza and Google Developer Groups and Locally-produced Apps You Can Use by Celine Barrozo and Jomar Tigcal.
This talk is very helpful especially to entrepreneurs and business students. It equipped entrepreneurs and aspiring entrepreneurs alike with the knowledge of making and letting the apps of Google help them in their businesses, especially in the management, marketing and promotions of it. Efficient and effective communication is very crucial to have a successful business so Google mail is an easy way to manage contacts and mails. Also, it will surely help them in Finance in a way that with Google apps, they can surely save money because they can do the promotions and marketing online, which is also a big help for logistics because all you need to do is to sit, open a laptop or desktop, and use any Google applications.
Among the three, I was most interested in the Google + for Business talk because I was planning to make a Google + account but I do not know how to use it. I remembered one time last year, my Communication 100 professor told our class that the Google + will be the next in thing in the future, that’ is why we should consider making an account there. But there is also this notion that Google + is like the Facebook of Google, but the speaker said it was not true. Instead, this Google + helped them in the promotions of their hotel business in Cebu. Amazingly, they only spent less than Php 50 000 for the promotions of this new hotel. I was amazed at how he made that hotel the first one in the search engine and also how he properly utilized Google applications like Mail and Map for its publicity techniques.
The last talk showed the Chromebook. I was amazed at the Chromebook, because of its features and also because it has its own operating system, the Chrome OS. It also showed other innovations of Google by discussing it or showing a lot of Google videos. With that, I can not help but say to myself that Google has a really promising future, and with that, I must use more of their apps and products because it is like Google is the future.

As a Science and Technology student, it was a good thing that this talk is required because I learned a lot of things from this talk. Even if I am a Communication major and not a business one, I saw the many uses of Google and how to properly utilize it. Google is not only a search engine, but also everything that is innovative and powerful that can surely help all kinds of people in any field, may it be communications, business or technology.

Pauline de Leon 2011-44571 

1 comment:

  1. What other topics would you think should be added next time?

    ReplyDelete