Sunday, January 19, 2014

A Trip to the Moon Reaction Paper



               If I’m just a regular girl present in the first screening of the film, which is in 1902, I would be so amazed of the effects they had in the film. The technology of moving pictures were just starting during that time, and seeing something so futuristic, with many visual effects, will make me think that this movie is really great and amazing and I would for sure will give it a big thumbs up. There is also a colored version of the film where Melies and his crew carefully colored the rolls of film, one by one. Since all the films then were black and white, I will be delighted to see a colored film. Melies really took a great effort in making the film. They had a studio and a lot of props in order to make it look futuristic. If I’m also watching it during 1902, I would be more imaginative and would really wonder if it will be possible to set foot on the moon, if there are aliens, if there are other living things outside earth, etc. As said, the film is one of the most technically innovative films during that time. But if I’m a scientist during that time, and I was given the chance to watch it on the first screening, surely, I will find the story of the movie very illogical. I will see it as a movie that ridicules science and astronomers. But I will find the production and cinematography a big leap in the technology of film-making.

Pauline de Leon
2011-44571

No comments:

Post a Comment