Thursday, January 16, 2014

A Trip to the Moon Reaction Paper

A Trip to the Moon is a 1902 silent film that revolves around the plot of going to the moon. In the film, a group of astronomers aspired to go to the moon with their newly invented space capsule.

If I were present at the first day of the screening of this film, I'd be utterly amazed. Considering I was a 1902 woman, with no knowledge of the present-day technology. This would be a great concept, for something like going to the moon could only happen in my dreams. I would've enjoyed the movie since it would give me something to aspire for and hope that one day this could come true. I would've also enjoyed the fact that it was a silent film. With silent films, though you have a general plot that everyone can understand, it also becomes sort of interactive. This is because it allows the viewers to put their own meanings to certain gestures and scenes.

On the other hand, if I were present at the first day of the screening with knowledge of the present-day technology, I'd probably first laugh at it for a bit because it would seem like everyday news for me. But after a while, it would make me realize how far we have come. Imagine that a century ago, going to the moon was inconceivable by the human mind, but now it just seems like everyday news. We have really progressed as an entire world, and the comparison between this movie and the movies we have now is just proof of such.

Mayumi Katrina B. Rix
2013-14322

No comments:

Post a Comment