Thursday, January 16, 2014

A Trip to the Moon

A Trip to the Moon (Voyage dans la Lune) is a French silent film by Georges Melies. It was first aired on 1902. It is about a group of astronomers who, after creating a bullet-shaped space capsule and a huge cannon to launch it to space, decided to go to an adventurous trip to the moon.

If I were present during the first screening of the film in 1902, I would be really impressed. I think I would really like the movie even if it was silent, because you could still understand what the movie is all about. I also think that I would like the plot, because aside from being entertaining, it was amazing that they could think of a plot for a science-fiction movie that would be easily understood by people, considering that not everyone was aware of the (possible) advancements of science at the time. I also would like how they managed to make the film adventurous and interesting.

All in all, I would say that the movie may not be that much compared to the movies created today, but it was definitely something back then.



Camille Anne C. Barbosa
2013-01010

No comments:

Post a Comment