Saturday, March 15, 2014

Reaction Paper: Trip to the Moon

by Edissy Claudine T. Ramos
2009-33319

I always have enjoyed Silent Films (Hello Charlie Chaplin and his mustache!) and the film Trip to the Moon is a must-watch. If I watched it on its first screening back in the 1900s, I would still be fascinated and probably more amazed and impressed.
Some might say the actors were exaggerating scenes, but I dont care. Of course, they have to exaggerate their actions and movements so that the audience can understand the story more clearly and easily since its a silent film. They had to give color to the characters, and clearly they did a good job. They even personified the moon which clearly reflected the cartoonish atmosphere of the film.
The instrumentals were really good and it set a really interesting tune to the story. Plot-wise, I find it amazing how they explored science when no other earlier films did.
Today, we might find their thoughts crazy, their idea of rocketing to the moon absurd, or their ideas on the things they’ll find in the moon funny.
Overall, I give it my two thumbs up. They really exerted much effort colorizing each frames in the film. You can also see how they’ve tried to showcase science and the need to advance it, in their own creative interpretation.

No comments:

Post a Comment